Barre workouts combine Pilates, yoga and ballet. The moves give you a sculpted, lean muscle without the injuries of a high impact workout. Barre is a cardiovascular, upbeat work out that works the whole body, and gives you the benefit of dance, without the need for a dance background.
Interested in learning Barre? The Recreation department
offers free lessons through one of our recreation partners.
Please note the following important information about registering for this activity:
- Lessons are typically 45 minutes in length, and are offered weekly for Adults. Comfortable clothing and either socks or bare feet during class is recommended.
- After creating an account, you should receive a confirmation via e-mail. This does not mean that you are registered for a program.
- For these classes, you will need a “barre” (some people use a chair, countertop, desk, etc), and a set of small weights (2-5 lbs is recommended. We suggest not going over 5 lbs). If you don’t have weights, you can use water bottles, soup cans, or even go without weights— you’ll still feel it! Yoga mats are suggested but not necessary.
- In order to properly register for the program, add it into your cart, then follow the steps of the checkout process.
- After registering for a program, you should receive an e-mail confirmation which includes a link to the instructor's website and a discount code. Once you register on her website and use the discount code to get the free classes, then you will automatically receive an email with the zoom link information.
- If you have not received a confirmation via e-mail, you are not fully registered into the program.
- You will need to register for the class on ClassFit weekly. The discount is only good for individual classes, not the bundles.